Coffee Trip to Coffee Bru

It appears that Amsterdam has a very lively coffee scene and something I was delighted to find out is that there are more and more specialty coffee bars emerging in the city. You may not know what specialty coffee is, so I thought this might be useful: “Speciality coffee is defined as a crafted quality coffee-based beverage, which is judged by the consumer to have a unique quality, a distinct taste and personality different from, and superior to, the common coffee beverages offered" - definition from SCAE. In other words, specialty coffee bars buy raw selected coffee and roast it themselves. And this is how we get to one of the specialty coffee bars of Amsterdam -

Coffee Bru

at Beukenplein 14 - not too far away from the center, but enough not to be in the way of the tourists. A very welcoming, happy and friendly atmosphere, and a cozy environment (with a lot of wood!). Somehow I just felt like I was on an exotic island...I think it's because everything is in tiki style, makes you feel at ease and happy and just to chill. The baristi were very friendly, but busy at that time, so I didn't bother them much.



There were some delicious looking brownies and other sweet pastry on the counter.





The machine is La Marzocco and for 2,30€ you can have an espresso, the one I tried was from their house blend, it was with a very thick crema, light-bodied, spicy with a hint of sharpness. 
I really hope to have the opportunity to visit Amsterdam again soon and I don't think I'll remove Coffee Bru from my list. I still have to try the latte!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Feed

Like us on Facebook

Room 409

An international trio consisting of three young ladies - Karla, Snehaa and Elena - sharing with you their adventures in the world of coffee. A Swiss based blog (for the moment) made with love and thirst for knowledge about this mysterious and revitalizing beverage and everything around it.